Join the movement in Elizabethtown to reduce underage drinking and keep our kids safe. Sign the pledge to not provide alcohol to teens and not allow them to drink alcohol at your house.
Please share this page with your neighbors, friends, and family – and parents of your teen’s friends – so we can make an impact in the Elizabethtown area. Click the images below to sign the pledge and to learn how to talk with your kids about alcohol.
DID YOU KNOW?
Providing alcohol to teens is not ok with most parents. You might think letting kids drink at your house is “safe drinking,” but research says otherwise.
- It is illegal to provide anyone, even your own child, alcohol if they are under the age of 21.
- If you are caught providing alcohol to minors you face fines and jail time.
- You may be held liable for any injures or damages caused by providing a minor with alcohol – no matter where that occurs.
- The teen brain is developing until the age of 25 and alcohol can damage that developing brain.
- Research shows that underage drinking has a series of negative consequences including reduced school performance, crime, injuries, risky sexual situations, motor vehicle crashes, and large economic impacts.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Refuse to give anyone alcohol who is under 21.
- Be home when your teen has friends over.
- Be sure teens are not bringing alcohol into your home.
- Lock up any alcohol in your home.
- Talk to other parents. Make sure they know you do not support underage drinking.